Manufacturing Day 2016: Formtek Sponsors the Future Leaders of the Industry
On October 7, we’ll be opening our doors to high school and college students to participate in a national effort to inspire and encourage tomorrow’s leaders to join into one of the most powerful and defining industries in America: manufacturing!
This year, Formtek will play host to a number of industry partners, with showcases on robotics, engineering, innovation, and invention.
Doors open at 10:00 AM, when our staff will kick off the day with a tour of our plant, with metal forming machine systems on full display for all visitors. Following the tour, students will be able to explore the showroom where a number of local and national businesses will have booths set up. Representatives from the various companies will be there to answer student questions and explain the value and importance that manufacturing plays in our world.
A number of specialized industries and trades will be represented for visitors to learn about and interact with, including:
- Metal Forming & Fabrication
- Industrial Automation
- Space & Aeronautics
- Materials Development
- Electrical Engineering & Systems
- Trucking & Transportation
- Industrial Growth, Planning, & Development
- Mechanical Parts & Tooling Manufacturing
Some businesses will have special interactive displays to show off what the hard work put into engineering and product development can result in. Confirmed exhibitors include:
- Alcoa Forgings and Extrusions
- College Now Greater Cleveland
- Cuyahoga Community College – Youth Technology Academy
- Cuyahoga Community College – RAMTEC Trailer – (VEX Robotics)
- Fortis Welding Technology
- Kelly Engineering Services
- Lakeland Community College
- Lydey Automation
- Mayfield High School – CADD Engineering Technology
- Meyer Products
- NSL Analytical
- The Proud Company – High Performance Robot (SAWYER)
- Tri-C– 3D Digital Design & Manufacturing Tech.
Manufacturing is not just about moving parts and assembly lines; it’s about vision, planning, process engineering, innovation, and creating something new to benefit people across the globe.
If you are an educator who would like the register your students for this years Manufacturing Day at Formtek, please click here .
For media inquiries, please contact Karen Mathis at 216.360.7660, or KMathis@Formtekgroup.com